Hard water is water that contains more than 1 GPG (grains per gallon) of dissolved minerals. (Usually calcium, magnesium). Hard water can cause skin irritation, leads to clothes losing their shine, cause your hair to will attain a natural reddish tinge, pipes through which hard water passes have to be replaced more often and using boilers in which hard water is boiled means greater expenditure.
The water feels great!!!! You will be amazed how much time and money you will save on soap, shampoo, laundry detergent, fabric softeners, dish washing soap, hand soap and lotions. Soft water greatly reduces the scaling in pipes and faucets. You spend less time scrubbing with abrasives cleaners, and you will have no soap scum in tubs and showers. Facts show much longer life on hot water heaters, greater saving on fuel bills, extends the life on dishwashers, humidifiers, clothes and so much more. And if you like luxurious bubble baths, shinier hair and cleaner skin, soft water is the way to go.
If your water is coming from a well and the water is rust colored, then the problem is probably iron. If the water color is black it could be either sulfur, which has a smell like rotten eggs or manganese. All of these can be treated with combination between filtration system with green sand media, activated carbon media and resin media.
Coliform bacteria can be an indicator that the well may be susceptible to bacteria contamination. A hole house water treatment system should be considered. The most commonly used treatment methods are ultraviolet (UV) and ozonation.
Tap water is far from safe and should be regarded as unsuitable for consumption. Despite governmental regulations, many dangerous contaminants are still present in your municipality’s drinking water. The contaminants are still constantly present in our tap water, even if you cannot see, smell, or taste them. The most dangerous contaminants in your tap supply is chlorine. Chlorine is a municipal additive used to treat the water. Chlorine is a powerful disinfectant, and thus used to kill off any biological contaminants. Unfortunately, it is also extremely toxic and poisonous to our bodies. Chlorine has been linked with bladder, kidney and rectal cancers, dysbiosis, and respiratory illness (such as asthma). It can also damage our hair, skin and lungs when we bathe or shower. It has also been shown to cause gastric upset upon ingestion and has been linked to dysfunction of the liver and immune system with long-term exposure.
Activated Carbon Filter used in filtration applications is produced by grinding a carbon source - like bituminous coal, peat or coconut shells and heating the material in the absence of oxygen to 1000 degrees to bake off impurities. The material is then subjected to 1600-degree steam to “activate” the carbon. The steam leaves carbon granules filled with cracks and pores, enabling them to store large amounts of chemicals. One pound of activated carbon (the amount in a standard ten-inch filter cartridge) has the equivalent surface area of a 160 acre farm. Carbon removes contaminants in two ways: through adsorption , contaminants are attracted to the surface of the activated carbon and held to it in much the same way a magnet attracts and holds iron filings; and by acting as a catalyst to change the chemical composition of some contaminants. Activated carbon is ideal for removing chlorine, organic chemicals such as many kinds of pesticides, THMs like chloroform and many VOCs that are components of gasoline, solvents and industrial cleaners.
An ultraviolet (UV) system uses UV to inactivate certain bacteria, viruses and cysts that may be present in the water source that flows through the systems UV chamber. The effectiveness of UV depends upon the dose of disinfectant received by the organism, which is the combination of UV intensity times the contact time involved. It is advisable to always pre-treat the water entering the UV system.
A water softener is used for the reduction of hardness, iron and manganese. Ion exchange media inside on water softener filter removes nutrients such as ammonia and nitrogen based compounds. These are common cause bad taste in water. Ion exchange resin beads attract the iron and manganese.
First know what is in your water that you want to remove – specific contaminants. This is accomplished through a water analysis. Starfish Bali can organise a water test which analises the chemical and biological components of your water results are received in 7 days and the cost is Rp 605.000.
Starfish Bali has trained staff that can walk you through a series of trouble shooting guides that will help you if a problem exists. We offer an optional service maintenance contract for our client. The service maintenance contract is our way to ensure the system is running at peak performance. Our technicians will inspect, service, maintain and reporting the condition of system to the owner. You can choose Quaterly maintenance visits per year by Rp 1.000.000 or monthly maintenance visits per year by Rp 3.000.000.